Friday, August 7, 2009

The fight that ruined the burgers

*UPDATE 1: If you read this post shortly after I wrote it out you would have counted, not one or two but at least 3 or 4 grammatically incorrect words, sentences or phrases.

*UPDATE 2: Date night/Re Do Thursday Night and decided to stay in and redo the burgers while reading great books we picked up from the library and catching up on TV shows. Followed by chocolate chip cookies. Diet has completely fallen by the waste side the last week. Back on it Monday. But for now, enjoying my food.

Yesterday was just one of those days. For starters, Phoenix's morning nap was interrupted by the darn recycle pick up. He was only sleep about 20 minutes and then they show up and he was back wide awake! So for most of the day I tried tiring him out so he would want to take another nap, this did not happen. By mid afternoon Shawn and I had a bit of a disagreement. I was trying to convince him (like always) why my way was better and trying to get him to see the bigger picture of a particular situation. This ended up in us spending the rest of the afternoon apart which was fine, because I then had to chase Phoenix up and down the stairs. So I grabbed my Coach bag and we headed to Walmart to buy a gate.

By this time everything was kosher with Shawn and I. I had stopped by to see my parents and called Shawn and asked him to peel and cut Phoenix sweet potato for his french fries (just add a bit of salt, cinnamon and cinnamon sugar and they are much better then the other recipe I posted). They take 30 minutes to cook and I knew I would at least be an hour so I wanted him to cook them so all I had to do was throw on the burgers for dinner. BUT this did NOT happen and it ended up being a much bigger fight then I anticipated and turned my house upside down! I needed ice so I stupidly break the bag in the kitchen that sends the ice all across the floor. Then it's time for dinner and I break a full glass of lemonade. While trying to yell at Shawn and get dinner on the table I then slip and fall hard on the spilled ice!

It was an absolute mess! I went to bed with the house a disaster. I'm not one of those people who can leave dishes until the next day. It messes with me, but last night I did. My house was a mess when I woke up this morning, the kitchen smelled like onions and I had the biggest headache ever.

Thankfully we made up and pitched in and got a bunch done this morning!

On the menu last night were these delicious Roasted Garlic Turkey Burgers. I hate when we have a good dinner planned and it gets ruined by a stupid lovers quarrel. I could definitely tell these burgers had AWESOME culinary potential but by the time I went to eat it mine was cold :-( good, but cold.

Instead of using blue cheese (not fond of it) I used swiss cheese and put the swiss cheese on top of the onion & mushroom mixture and popped it in the oven to melt while the burgers were finishing.

Also toasted the rolls and used some leftover garlic butter and I did use ground turkey breast. I think I'll be trying these again next week!

Let me know what you think!




0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin