Thursday, September 10, 2009

Alexandria and the Terrible, Horrible, No good....

One of my ultimate favorite books.


And I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day....

For starters Phoenix decides to wake me up at 2 AM with that "Mommy I'm scared!" cry. Shawn and I both fall out of bed and run to go get him and of course as soon as we pick him up he's all fine. The sleepy family falls back into bed and after 15 minutes of his long limbs in my face, stomach, and back, him and I decide to get up and go in the guest room.

We get to the guest room and he falls asleep but all the while he's flipping and twisting and moaning and talking and humming. Then he hops up and falls back down asleep. Then something finally wakes him up and he's UP. Talking, tickling me and it's like 4 AM and I'm sooooo sleepy.

And I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day....

I said to him "Fin mommy is going to sleep. You can stay up" and he says "Go!" so I roll over and "go", but not really because he's kicking me! He's such a wild sleeper.

I eventually put him back in his bed and I fall asleep in mine, but it's 6 AM by this point!

And I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day....

Then there was a huge fight with Shawn. One of those that start start and stop all day long.
Long, stupid, draining fight! My house was a mess, Phoenix was a mess. I hadn't taken a shower. It was a long day. Pounding headache. Dry contacts...ugh.

And I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day....

At 7 I'm like "bed early!" but of course the drama doesn't end there. Phoenix decides to "run" from me in the bath tub and slips just barely missing the soap thing. I screech. He screams. We get out and get dressed.

Finally it's bedtime. I throw on jeans and Shawn's shirt and decide I need a break. So where does a SAHM go when she needs a sprinkle of happiness? Any place she can buy something! So I head to Target, which only depresses me more because I'm still on shopping restriction.

Tip to all you young single ladies. When your husband puts you in charge of paying the bills....Just pay the bills! Yeah I know that's like so "DUH!" but me? I was just like "OOOOOO shiny things.OOOOOO Cotton,silk, spandex, denim"

And it sucks right now, because I have so much money burning a hole in my little wallet. But I could only spend $30 at Target and $10 of that was for detergent!!! Yuck!

Don't be like me. Just pay the bills.

Then to add insult to injury I get back from my less then stellar trip to Target and there is an email in my work account that pissed me off and has me thinking of quitting.

And I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day....

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin