Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey Chili

Ever since I was become domestic I've found myself trying foods I had never had a huge fondness for. 

The simplest thing being chili. But now I looove chili. But only mine. 

I made this a few weeks ago and wanted to post the recipe for you but as you know I was out for a bit.

Crock pot Turkey Chili






1 1/2 pounds of lean turkey (healthier then beef but could also use beef or chicken if you like)
1/2 cup of diced onion
1 can of corn
1 can kidney beans (undrained)
1 can pinto beans (undrained)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can crushed tomatoes 
Tomato paste (to thicken)
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 cup diced celery 


Mexican chili powder (to taste)
Oregano (to taste)
Dash of cumin

Salt and pepper
1 Bay leaf

Olive oil

To serve:
Shredded cheese and sour cream. I eat mine with rice Shawn likes his with chips

 Enough olive oil to cover bottom of crock pot. Add garlic and brown meat. Then just add all other ingredients. It's super fast and easy. I let it cook in the crock pot all day. 


I hardly ever actually measure my seasonings so for the oregano, chili powder, salt & pepper do it to your liking. 

I don't like my chili to hot and neither does Shawn.


This is enough for 4. It's just two of us eating it so I usually have enough leftovers for a weeks worth of lunch.


This is in no way completely my own up recipe. It's comprised of lots of recipes I've tried and mixed things together until I liked it.





Photobucket

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin