Ever since I met my husband he has always told me that he can just look at a person and tell they're in the music business. I don't quite believe him because of course we never follow up and ask if they are in fact in the "business"
But I bet that if other moms looked at me they would be able to tell right away that I'm a mom. How would they be able to tell? Well of course by these tell-tale signs
- A rogue lemon in my purse from a toddler who dropped it in for fun, along with the sweet and low packages we gave him at dinner to keep him "calm & serene"
- The paci stuck in the strap of bra, because I don't like things in my pocket, and it will get lost in my purse so I stick it in the top part of my bra for "easy access"...boy that phrase takes on a new meaning now huh?
- The broken cell phone I was still using. Luckily my husband upgraded me to Blackberry for Valentine Day, but before that I had been carrying the same cracked Instinct for 5 mths. Phoenix dropped it in the Post Office and I'm to lazy (and cheap) to replace it.
- The messy hair. Most days its easier to tie it all up in a messy knot.
- The lack of earrings. I've given up wearing long dangle earrings because every time I do Phoenix rips at my ears and causes excruciating pain.
- The tummy flattening tank top I wear underneath everything
- The play-doh stuck on the bottom of my shoe
- The over-whelming amount of bags that accompany me. Purse, Diaper bag, lunch box, emergency diaper bag.
- When I'm invited to a party instead of asking what I can bring I ask "Should I do a nap before or after the party?"
- The stacks of books on my night-stand I can't seem to finish
- The 15 minutes or more that I need to decide on the perfect low sugar, organic, juice boxes
- The errands that turn into stolen "me time"