Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Becoming a baker

I think I have a little creative/talent gene in me. I've always loved to write, so therefore in my head I consider myself a "writer". I also have a knack for music. Not so much the writing portion of it, that would be my husband, but the singing of it I think I do very well. But I've always wished I was more crafty or more of a baker. Now even more so with being a mom I see tons and tons of craft and recipe blogs and long to be able to create clever things for my bebe to wear or tasty things for us to nosh on. I am a very, very, very good cook. I can make anything just give me a recipe and mine will be just as good or better. Just tonight I made lasagna, night before, homemade meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Night before that..Shrimp Scampi. But what I've always wanted to be able to do is bake. If for no other reason then to justify this purchase to my husband. So I have decided to start trying my hand at baking. Not just making my "special" cupcakes which is just buying a box of chocolate cake mix, icing them with cream cheese frosting and topping them with sprinkles. So this week I started with a recipe I got from my sister-in-law. They are Dump Bars. Shawn loved them but hates the name and wants me to change them to something else.

Tonight was supposed to be Italian creme cake, but I forgot whipping cream and tried to use milk which turned my creme into more of a liquid. So I popped it in the freezer in the hopes it would stiffen, so far it's been 6 hours and it's just really cold. So tomorrow I'll try again. Once it's complete I'll post a picture and the recipe.

I'm going to try a new bake good once a week, maybe every other week depending on it's high calorie sugar content and post the recipes for you.

Good luck to me!

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin