Thursday, August 6, 2009

Chicken Basil Stir Fry


Here is a new recipe that we had for the 2nd time last night. It is absolutely delicious! My husband who eats nothing green at all ate the green beans! Score one for Wife!

I also made this for Phoenix as well, but the first time I made it he wasn't in love with it. So this time I removed his portion before adding fish sauce and basil. His was kind of bland so I think next time I make it (which will probably be tonight! it is THAT great!) I will try his with a bit of flavoring.

The changes I made were adding a bit of salt and ground ginger to the chicken marinade. I also used chicken breast just because I had those. But the first time I used chicken thighs and they were a bit tastier. Be careful with the fish sauce. This is a very strong flavoring. A little goes a loooong way!

Enjoy!! Let me know how you like it! Oh and the best part is it's less then 200 calories per
serving!

Yields: 4 main-dish servings

Total Time: 27 min

Prep Time: 15 min

Cook Time: 12 min

Ingredients








  • 1 lime
  • 1 pound(s) chicken thighs, boneless, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 1 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon(s) canola oil
  • 1 bag(s) (12 ounces) green beans, trimmed and cut in half
  • 2 tablespoon(s) water
  • 2 clove(s) garlic, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup(s) packed basil leaves, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon(s) less-sodium fish sauce
  • Cooked jasmine rice, optional

Directions

  1. From lime, grate 1 teaspoon and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice. In medium bowl, toss chicken with lime peel and soy sauce; set aside.
  2. In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beans and water; cook 4 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp. Transfer to bowl.
  3. In same skillet, cook chicken mixture over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color throughout, stirring often. Remove skillet from heat; stir in bean mixture, basil, fish sauce, and lime juice. Serve with rice if you like.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin