Saturday, November 28, 2009

Bloggerazzi-Naomi


Bloggerazzi Blogger is Naomi at Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip


Naomi de la Torre is a stay-at-home mom to two delightful boys, ages 2 and 5. She and her amazing and wonderful husband are recovering salsa dancing addicts, who now enjoy "controversial" parenting techniques like co-sleeping, homeschooling, extended-breastfeeding, etc. Naomi is writing a book called Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip: The Field Guide, for which her blog is a working model. She deeply appreciates her followers and uses their feedback to shape her writing.






Naomi's blog is meant to uplift and empower moms who are trying to do the very best for their children, but who can't always live up to being the perfect über mom. It won't provide magic ruby slippers that will take you back to Kansas (before you had stretch marks, hemorrhoids and all your furniture was coated with applesauce and smashed peas). But it does offer companionship, humor, and even a few flying monkeys as we face each day with all the insanity, joys, and challenges that are inherent to motherhood.






How much TV a week do you let your kids watch?
Unfortunately, I've completely lost my morals when it comes to TV. Before I had kids I planned to have them on a strict diet of high quality, low-fat, gluten-free, commercial-free, educational programming. But then real life kicked in and I fell off the TV restriction wagon. Now my kids watch about 2 hours of TV a day and 80% of it is Sponge Bob.



Sex life better before kids or better now or about the same?
Sex life is definitely trickier now that we have kids. Our boys (ages 2 and 5) sleep with us, so we have to get creative. Not to mention my mom lives with us too ... so steamy sex in the middle of the living room is kind of out of the question. Bathroom and closet sex is extra spicy, though.



Do you have a regular date night with your husband?
We are very lucky because my fantastic sister-in-law and my loving mom regularly offer to babysit for us. We get to go to movies, dinner, and even salsa dancing on occasion (which is our absolute favorite).

Favorite household chore?
Is this a trick question?





Least favorite household chore?
Cleaning the toilet. And doing laundry. Yesterday my husband folded about 30 loads of clean laundry that I had skillfully piled into an artistic sculpture in our back bedroom--and which was threatening to take over that entire wing of the house.

Favorite family activity?
Just being together is the best. We like to go to museums, the zoo, the aquarium, the arboretum, parks, swimming pools, etc. We have passes to all the local kid joints around Dallas and try to hit up a couple of these places each week.




How much sleep do you honestly get at night?
I'm a sleep junkie and would love to get at least 8 or 9 hours a night. But, unfortunately, neither of my boys need much sleep. And on top of that, we co-sleep. Since my 2 year old is still nursing, my sleep is still pretty broken. But I love cuddling with my sweeties, all three of them, for at least 7-8 hours a night. Even if we do look like a pile of puppies in a big heap with heads and feet and elbows sticking out all over the place.

Come on admit it! You pick your kids' boogers right?
Yes, of course. And then I eat them.





 Kids' TV show that doesn't bore the heck outta ya?
I love iCarly and so do both of my boys. Who knows what my 2 year old gets out of this show???

H1N1 vaccine...are your kids getting it? If yes, do you feel enough research has been done? If no, why not?
I have not vaccinated my boys for H1N1, nor have they been vaccinated according to the standard American vaccines schedule. My husband and I have done extensive research on the risks of vaccinations, as well as having a friend whose son was injured by vaccines and became autistic. We are currently considering which vaccines we might want to give our older son, now that he is 5 and his immune system is better developed. If we do, they would be given in single dose vaccines without the preservative thimerasol.





If your interested in being featured for Bloggerazzi email me beforethebabywakes@gmail.com


Photobucket

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin