Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tried & Trues Zucchini Cookies (Edit)

EDIT: I forgot to add you could probably swap the zucchini for carrots. Actually I think I might try that this week. I'll get back to you.

I tried this fantastic cookie recipe from Tried & Trues a few weeks ago.

Zucchini Cookies




1 c butter, at room temp
1 1/2 c sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c. grated zucchini
2 3/4 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 c walnuts, chopped
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c raisins
1 c sweetened flaked coconut


Preheat oven to 350. In a large a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in zucchini. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to zucchini mix. Stir in nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, and coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto buttered cookie sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 20 mins. Transfer to a rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.




I didn't add walnuts or raisins because I'm not a big fan of either, but I'm thinking next time I may add the raisins (but certainly not walnuts. I despise nuts!)




My husband LOVED these and he doesn't eat vegtables at all (fruit either. The whole "fruit is plant ovaries" thing really boggles his mind) but he inhaled these.


Baking and I don't mix so my cookies we're a tad bit "sun tanned" on the bottom. But still good.


Phoenix also seemed to love them as well and its getting increasingly harder for me to get him to eat veggies, scratch that. It's getting hard getting him to eat PERIOD!

I'm thinking of buying ones of those "sneaky chef" books and learn how to hide turnips in Mac & Cheese and stuff. Anyone have any good recs? 



Recipes has been copied from Tried & Trues. 
PhotobucketAnd no it's not. Zucchini season, but as long as they still have those green suckers in the store I'll be buying them.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I've never thought to put zucchini in cookies. They look delicious. I'm going to be trying this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! i've been able to sneak smushed squash into mac & cheese with no problem! it tastes exactly the same and the kids love it. good luck! toddlers are hard to feed:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an great idea!!! I would never think of that. Thanks so much! I will be using this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin