Friday, January 8, 2010

Long week revisited

Please bless me readers for I have sinned. It's been 4 days since my last blog post and I feel terrible and LAZY!

I had a post I was working on Thursday but for whatever reason never got it up.

I could say that I have been extremely busy putting my house in order and making meals for my family. But the truth is. Shawn has been extremely busy and I have been lazy.

There, I said it. I'm lazy.

Currently it is 9.45 PM on Saturday and I am exhausted! Physically and emotional.

Here's how the last few days have played out.

My little niece Nelzabug arrived at 5a, but luckily slept until 8a. I was admittedly very nervous about how I would be able to handle a newborn and Phoenix, but it was smooth sailing most of the day. The worst part was when Phoenix tried to play drums on her and kept ripping at her ears saying "Ear, Ear"

Got into an hour and a half screaming match with one of my supervisors at work. Surprisingly they didn't fire me although I repeatedly told them to. Of course this caused me to feel nothing in terms of wanting to work and I spent most of the day with a splitting headache because of said argument. 

I woke up very excited for Friday because for the first time in 2 weeks I was actually going to be able to spend time with Shawn. But that was quickly dashed when he told me he had to go back to DC (where he spent over 10 hrs at the day before) to see a sound engineer for mixing. Then I was crushed even more (and moved to actual tears) when I found out that some people had stolen some music from Shawn and was purposely causing us trouble (Per our attorney this will be rectified. Vengeance is mine saith the Lord!). Then my husband suggested the lovely idea of Phoenix and I spending the day with him in DC at the studio. Which started at 3 PM and didn't get us home until 2:30 AM! Thank God Phoenix slept the entire evening and we took a few hours break to hit the mall.

But then the icing on the cake was when we get a call from our landlord telling us he was indeed selling the house. The only thing that made this bearable was that he didn't give us proper notice so we're good until April 31st AND he's giving us February free.

Our goal is to take possession February 15th of the new place. Paint and move in March 1st.

I cried when I found out because this house really does feel like home to me and I really hate moving. But I'm going to try and keep things in perspective and trust God has bigger and better for us.

Also our washer decided to break today after I've been trying to wash a load since Thursday and couldn't figure out why it wasn't draining. So until we move I'll be doing laundry at my parents.  Yippee! 

We head to NYC early, early, early Monday morning for Cody Simpson meetings and a showcase (mini concert) that Shawn would like me to help coordinate. 

If you have tween aged girls who are in to Justin Bieber (they'll LOVE Cody) and in the area certainly stop by. Super talented kid. Details of the showcase on his YouTube



  1. I can relate. Things can get hectic with little ones, and crazy things happen - beyond your control.

    Found you on MBC, and following now.

  2. Hey what a crazy week. Of course from an outside perspective it sounds like some of it was dare I say actually fun?
    Love the pics of the wee guy, he's so cute!
    I also found you through MBC


Blog Widget by LinkWithin