Thursday, March 12, 2009

Christmas morning every day

Being a mommy for me is like Christmas morning (sometimes it's like ground hog day, but that's another topic for another day). When I was a just wee little girl I always looked forward to Christmas morning. My family was pretty lucky that no matter what we always got what we asked for and usually a lot more. Well with the exception of that one time that I didn't get that Enrique Iglesias CD. Christmas morning always held such promise. I would wake up each year at the knowledge of knowing something awesome was waiting for me to discover it under the tree. And when Christmas day was over I went to bed equally as excited as the night before, because I knew the next morning there would be more details to discover with my new gifts.

So how is this like motherhood (for me) ? Well ever since Phoenix has been born as sleep deprived as I am and as much house or work things I have to do that day I always wake up in a good mood. I wake up earlier then I like, but yet I have this huge smile on my face because I know Phoenix is waiting for me. Everyday with having a baby brings something new. The first time they laugh or smile. The first time they even poop up the back (and can you believe we've been lucky to only have maybe 10 of those his whole life! He poops a lot during the day, but it's not these huge poop explosions!). The first time he taste juice or a french fry. It's all so exciting because each new thing grounds him more to this world making it feel realer each day. Make sense? Some times I even have to stop myself from waking him up just to see him.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin