Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy Birthday My Baby!







A year ago today my sweet baby boy was born. Phoenix Alexander Troy. He has brought joy beyond human comprehension to my life. My heart is a bit sad today because he's no longer a tiny little baby. Soon these birthdays will be creeping up much faster then it did this time and I'll be buying book bags and skate boards instead of diaper cream and bibs. But I'm excited to have 1. survived my first year as a mom and 2. for being able to just be with him and watch him grow.

I'll try not to make this post to long and sappy. But here is my open letter to my baby boy...

Dear Phoenix,

From the moment they placed your little body on my chest I finally believed in love at first sight. When you held my finger I knew that I no matter where you were in life or what you were doing you would forever be mine. You have been the eternal sunshine in my life. You have been the greatest thing I have ever done.

I watch you and my heart swells with pride. I melt when you hug me. My heart breaks when you hurt. I sometimes sneak in your room in the middle of the night to make sure that this all isn't a dream and you really are here. You really are mine.

Our first year together has been the sweetest thing. I love holding you in my arms. I love watching you discover something new for the first time. I dream of you at night and all of the potential that is yours.

You have made me be who I truly was meant to be. I'm braver now because of you. I'm wiser because of you. I'm more compassionate because of you. I'm stronger because of you. I am... because of you...

My wish for you is to always be a man who follows after your God. To always put Him first. To always remember the things your Dad and I put in you. If you ever wonder what your life should look like, look at your Dad....look at your Papouli....they are one of a kind.

You have been our miracle baby in more ways then we could have imagined. You came here and you healed us. You put me back where I belong. I will forever be grateful for this chance.

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be....."

Forever and always,
Mommy




1 comment:

  1. All your posts made interesting reading! your bundle of joy is so adorable.Thanks for sharing .

    www.aynzan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin