Monday, September 21, 2009

And the award for the worst toy goes to....





After my post last week about the major toy overload it got me thinking to the worst toy I've bought since becoming a mom.
 This toy seemed like such a great idea when the email from came to me, but in hindsight it was a total waste of almost $80.

I think we used it 10 times, if that! Now it sits all lonely in a corner in his nursery. He uses it now more then when it was appropriate for his age!

If I'm in his room putting clothes away he'll get in it and stand up and start using the little toys as microphones. He does the same thing with the little bee car too.

I have a feeling though until he reaches the age of being able to tell me what he likes and doesn't like that I'll waste money on a lot of toys.

Often I'll be in Walmart, or Target or Toys R Us and looking to pick him up my customary "Mommy was out" gift and I'll stand in the toy aisle for like 20 minutes trying to figure out what to get him.


I'm not being biased when I say this, honestly I'm not. But Phoenix is very advanced for his age and so he's kind of in this "in between" stage with toys.

Most skills he's mastered and the ones he hasn't are much to far off.

Plus Phoenix has this "I'm waaaay to cool for toys mom" attitude.

Right now I have figured out two things he would be interested in, a broom and vacuum. He's obsessed with the broom and always wants to sweep and he loves my parents vacuum machine.




And nesting toys. His new thing is to go in the kitchen and get his cup and put the top on. I think it's his signal for juice. And he likes putting things inside other things. Like putting the grocery's back in the bag I just emptied.

So what was the worst toy YOU ever bought and what does YOUR little tot like to play with?




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. we bought a jungle theme jumperoo that my hated. I got her to use it like a handful of times, but I do still have it for baby number two. So it might still be worth it.

    She loves playing with kid connects right now. The provide several minutes of fun for her.

    http://chaotickristy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's funny? I was actually going to list that toy as well!

    I loved it, but Phoenix never seemed to enjoy it. If he got in it was only for a few moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SITS!
    Ok worst toy - I didn't buy it, my mother in law did and it was a toy drum with the drumsticks attached by strings. It's the worst because at 1 1/2 yrs old, Tyler tripped over it, got his foot tangled in the string and fractured his leg.

    Blessed with twins, the money for toys was not as much as with one. They played with everything and as they outgrow things, on a bi yearly basis I clean out the toy boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin