Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day
















At the last minute I decided to take pictures of Phoenix near the TV during the oath. I wanted him to be able to see these pictures years from now and just let it reaffirm how lucky we are to live in this country. I've been watching the coverage all morning and kept having to fight back tears (the tears ended up winning). Watching this just makes me very proud of my country. Being able to say that I watched history being made. To finally see all of these peoples dreams coming true. I am sad to see George W go. I've always liked him and thought he did the best job he could. Even watching him get in the helicopter made me tear up because despite his flaws he has served our country well and he's kept us safe for 8 years and for that I am grateful.
However, with that said I am very excited to see the changes that are coming to America. I just pray that God gives wisdom to our leaders and that President Obama allows himself to be used by God and keeps his ears open to what God is speaking.
Ok Phoenix is showing off gotta go!

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin