Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No more milk milks for us

I am a grieving mother this evening. Today marked the end of one of my favorite moments with Phoenix...breastfeeding. I sadly put away the nursing cover, the boppy, the nursing bras (ok not real sad about that one), the extra calories, the pre natal vitamins. And out comes the liquor! Kidding, kidding...well maybe it will ease the pain a bit! But today I finally decided that Phoenix was not getting the nutrients from me that he needs. With starting real foods and being on formula my supply has just completely tanked. I tried fighting it for the last week and a half but I realized yesterday morning that he was just using me to snuggle. He'd suck for a few pull off and scoot off my lap backwards no less. Instead of stopping cold turkey I am going to continue to nurse him once at night before bed time just to keep that "connection" even if it's just for a minute or so. With the exception of supplementing with the formula I had a very pleasant experience with BF. No clogged ducts, engorgement (except when my milk first came in), no mastitis or anything.

So it is with great sadness that I watch my baby slip further and further away from me and into that cap and gown.

Is it time for another???

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin