Friday, July 3, 2009

the swimming monkey

Phew! This week went by very quickly....(I almost typed 'clickly' uh why?) anyway. Last Saturday I loaded my Monkey Baby and 3 of my 4 sisters ( the other was moving) and 2 of their friends in my parents SUV and we headed to the pool. We used to have a pool when we lived in Virginia and you never really know what you have until it's gone right? I have been missing that thing like crazy! When I was pregnant last summer I didn't crave a bunch of crazy foods, I mainly craved fruits. But the oddest thing was the intense desire I had to be submerged in water. Every time I would see a pool commercial or big bodies of water I would want to be in it soooo bad. We went to Minnesota last summer and I was finally able to hit the hotel pool....Well this summer the desire has been just as intense. Plus I wanted to see how adorable Phoenix would be in all his swim gear. So last Saturday we hit the pool for a few hours and had a GREAT time. Phoenix wasn't loving it at first, but warmed up to it. He enjoyed the popsicle he got after a lot more.


Can you believe my baby is 11 months old? 11 months old on Wednesday! He started taking his first steps Sunday standing on my parents dining room table and ever since then he's taken several more threw out the day. His new tricks this weeks are clapping, sharing his food and paci, giving kisses when asked, and dancing to the music on the Noggin shows. I'm starting to get a little stressed and anxious about his birthday party. I have all of my ideas down and now I just need to get things executed. But if you know me, then you know I am the world biggest procrastinator I'm order his invitations (rush of course!) this evening and I will be working on his gift bags hopefully next week. Then I have this crazy idea of wanting a monkey at his monkey themed bash. Shawn wasn't to excited about this idea. He thought I wanted to get like a chimp like the one that chewed that ladies face off. But I don't want one like that of course! I just want a cute little like spider monkey kind. But of course I am having ZERO luck in finding one in the DC/Baltimore area. I mean aren't there like underground monkey clubs or something?! I need a monkey for my kids party people! Anyone in the area know of a monkey? I'll pay good, I promise!





0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin