Thursday, July 30, 2009

Unleashing the design diva

I've been meaning to post about this for the last few weeks but keeping pushing it off for no other reason then I am a big time procrastinator.

From the time I was wee little girl I've thought about having every single type of career you could possible imagine. Think of a career and I thought about it. Actress? Yup, Detective? You betcha! Teacher? Darn skippy! Doctor? Yes, a shrink. Get the picture (oh yeah and photographer!). But there has always been three constants. Music, Writing, Design. Somehow some way those three things were going to link itself up and I would be a "triple threat" kind of like Beyonce (<---vomit) The music thing hasn't really gone anywhere exactly, but the record label Shawn has partnered with wants to sign me, so we will be starting my demo soon...So check one.

As for the writing I've given myself until the end of the year to figure out how to get my blog up and running. Awesome design, good concept, awesome features, ads, etc. that way when a producer from Oprah stumbles upon it my "writing" career will take off. Somehow, someway...

Then there's design. I've always been stuck with this one. I've tried in my itty bitty little head to figure it out. I even applied and attended (online and for about a month) the Art Institute for Fashion Marketing. But I was working full time and it was hard to keep up with it. I'm not good at follow through so I always meant to get back into it but never did....

However, it occurred to me a few weeks ago that I have nothing holding me back now. No reason to not at least try my hand at design. I have (my biased opinion) great ideas and a good eye. The only thing I lack is not being able to sew and not really being able to draw. So I decided to enroll in sewing and art classes. The very next day after I make my decision in the mail is a catalog for the local community college. Open it right up and there I land on beginner sewing classes! Is that a sign or what?

I also have a spare bedroom that I am going to turn into my craft room :-) The Husband is very excited and almost bought me a craft table but I told him I need to first take a few classes and make sure I really want to do this.

So there it is! I'm finally going to start pursing one of my dreams. I'm very, very excited! Look forward to lots of craft post and tutorials.


0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin