Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to school blues UPDATED


Like a lot of the kids in America right now I was very sad to see the kids go back to school. I lost my nanny's! For the entire summer my little sisters have come over to hang out during the day AND to entertain Phoenix.

It was so easy to get stuff done, but now school has gone back and we are once again on our own.
To make matters worse two more teeth are coming in and unlike other times this has been HELL!!

Yesterday Phoenix was so cranky, whiny, and snotty that I accomplished ZILCH! All he wanted to do was cry all day long. He didn't want to eat, he didn't want to play. His butt was red and raw so he didn't want to be carried on my hip. It was pure exhaustion!

Finally after the second forced nap he woke up and was in a good mood playing with his ball popper toy and then I opened the front door and he started screaming because he wanted to go out! I just couldn't go out then because it was like a 100 degrees, so it took me a good 30 minutes to settle him down again. The only thing that would settle him was this (AND OF COURSE NOT IN PINK.LOL)

That was my Saturday,Sunday and Monday basically. Now he's sleeping and seems to be in a better mood, so we'll see how things go.

I also had to play nurse on Sunday to the other boy.

My parents live in this huge house up in the mountains and my brothers have finally gotten the dirt bikes they have always wanted. Of course every Sunday we are up on the mountain for dinner and Shawn, my brother-in-law, the brothers, and my Dad are out scouting for new trails and building ramps and all kinds of dangerous things!

This Sunday the guys were being all 007. Come to find out they had found some trail to go biking on that actually had a sign that said "Beware of Wilderness" (yeah did I mention there have been bear sightings near their house?!) and had been gone for awhile and when they came back my husband and thrown off of the bike and his back was all beat up! He says if he hadn't been wearing a helmet he surely would have cracked his skull open!

I had to pour peroxide all over his back and hands! I felt so bad for him because he was on the bathroom floor screaming into a towel!

And don't be fooled by these pictures. This was after bandages and peroxide! It was horrid!


And do you know that he got up and talked about how he couldn't wait to do it again?!

All I asked was if the life insurance policy was up to date.....

UPDATED: PICTURES WITH THE BANDAGES OFF





Photobucket

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin