Monday, October 26, 2009

Easy as ABC

Reading one of my craft blogs today Little Green Notebook and she introduced me to this really cool website. Daily Drop Cap.



 
 





I'm going to print out all the letters and frame them and hang them in Phoenix's playroom.

And maybe print out the ones for his name and hanging them in his room.


And maybe blowing up the A and the S and hanging them above my bed.


Too much huh? Am I going to turn my house into a schoolroom?!


Well now that I'm thinking about it, I kind of don't care. I actually really love the ideas.

I went to pick up my awesome $20 couch yesterday and brought two more ceramic elephants.






A huge wooden mirror for $4! Have you seen how much these are in stores? All it needs is to be painted.






And this footstool which I'll recover.





I kept fighting the urge (hopefully I don't offend any of you with my next comment. I swear it's not my intention) to feel like really poor. But it wasn't why I was buying the stuff.


I could go out and buy a brand new couch with a triple digit price tag, but it wouldn't really be something I loved.

I love print. I love it print. I love print. I love print.


Have I mentioned how much I love print?


But all the printed couches I've seen in my price range look like Grandma.


This might be slight Grandma. But it's Coco Chanel Grandma.


I honestly see so much potential in things I've seen at thrift stores and Craigslist.


It amazes me what some people find garbage.

Now I was pursuing CL yesterday and stumbled upon a libertor for sale.


If you don't know what one is, that's ok because I didn't either.


But why in heaven's name would someone sell this and who in their right mind would buy it?!

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect end and coffee tables. 

And I also have this idea of getting a big farm house style kitchen table and painting it like this.

Maybe you don't quite see it yet, but I do and I think it could be fantastic! 





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ok woman!!! I am hitting the nearest thrift store thanks to you! I am always worried about buying stuff that I really dont need..but who cares..i am going!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin