Thursday, November 26, 2009

A perspectful Thanksgiving





Today is Thanksgiving.The day we stuff our face with turkey, pies, rolls, and more turkey, pies and rolls.

The day we reflect on the blessings of the past year and give thanks for health,life and family.

I like most of you feel very thankful this year. But I also have been struggling the last few weeks of putting things in perspective.

To dwell on what I have instead of what I don't have. To dwell on the family I'm blessed with.

It's hard sometimes to keep things in perspective. One way to help that is to go see Precious

That will help you focus on how lucky we all are. 

This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for

A baby that dances every time he hears music

A baby that can't help but raise his hands to heaven as soon as we pull into the church parking lot.

A husband who despite my difficult attitudes at times still manages to hang around with me.

A husband who works endless hours locked in a studio for a our future.

A husband who doesn't always quite listen or do things my exact way but still tries.

A baby who's smart far beyond his year.

A baby who has a mind of his own. "No! No more!"


A family who's always willing to babysit


A house to raise a family and make memories


A God who never ceases to amaze me.

A God who always seems to bless even when I don't feel I deserve it.

A God who has supernaturally stepped in and saved my marriage.

And a Pastor who offered great tips to help see that happen.


A mom who always gives her unbiased opinion no matter how much I don't want to hear it. And who even at 22 always seems to be right.


Homemade Apple Crisp


Best Buy Geek Squad


Etsy


TV

Books


Real Simple Magazine


Chipotle. How can you not be thankful for fajita bowls?

Greek food



 Even after the turkey carcass is discarded and the football games over try and always stay thankful.

When those pesky thoughts creep be perspectful

 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. awwww, happy thanksgiving to you and your family!! i too have been struggling lately putting everything into perspective (still trying actually)
    you should receive your ornament soon, hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gratitudes. that's what it's all about!

    Claire McFee
    from mbc
    Organize Your Life Now Blog

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin