Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Learn Something Saturday-On Tuesday


Saturday I had intentions of introducing a new feature tentatively titled Learn Something Saturday but with all of the headaches, tears, and drama I couldn't summon up the strength to get much of anything out.


But we aren't going to dwell on that. Luckily I was finally able to sleep last night and today's picked up a bit.


Anyhow what is Learn Something Saturday? Just as the title says, just a random fact or tip I picked up that week that I think may (or may not) be of interest to you.


So Saturday I wanted to tell you something I learned from our Zoo Trip.


If you stare a Gorilla directly in the eyes, they see this as a challenge and will want to attack. How do I know this? Because I made the bad mistaking of look directly into one of their eyes and it just stared back at me. The lady behind me pointed out this piece of info and I quickly shifted my eyes back to the baby gorilla. 








And second bit of info? Us human mommy's aren't the only ones who get saggy boobies after breastfeeding. 


And the third bit of info from the zoo I wanted to tell you was the correct spelling of Orangutans. I noticed on all of the signs in the Think Tank (The orangutan building) that the spelling was all typed out like this... Orang utans. With a space.


Interesting info huh? Who knows maybe you'll be on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and my random factoids (and a lot will be courtesy of my handsome hubby, because he is king of "useless" info) will be pretty darn helpful.


You can thank me by sending me a cut of your winnings.

















Really, don't be scared. These facts we're just a perfect excuse to post our zoo trips. Most of the things I'll say will hopefully be useful to you.

2 comments:

  1. Mwahahaha I love your ending!

    But seriously, did you get scared when the gorilla stared right back at you? I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is he cute!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin